Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What you missed

Well hello all, we have been gone for a long time now due to "technical difficulties", meaning I forgot the password and couldn't log in and then life just moved on.
I am "Herself the Mammy" and I live with "The man who shouts", "Miss skinny long legs" and "Him the boy-man and sometimes his girlfriend". "She who doesn't live here" is the other one who obviously doesn't live here. Also with us are the four legged furries Picasso, Simba and Socrates and a slug conversion team of three Lady Lavery, Sperenza and Marigold.  We have a few more additions this week but will introduce them later.
So, the last time we were here it was around the time the whole world changed...mainly by the introduction of two new hens...Marigold and Honeysuckle. So named because they escsaped from the box I brought them home in and I found one hiding under the Marigolds and one under the Honeysuckle. It took them a while to settle in, they had no problems but the other three did.  They got into a routine of sleeping all night, laying in the morning and then rambling through the whole garden all day long.  The other three eventually tried to ignore them.  The last summer I lost two to a fox...Honeysuckle and the Countess.  I was shocked that I heard nothing and just found a pile of feathers. The next morning (5am) I heard squaking a there as bold as brass was a fox standing in the garden so I shooed him off. This happened 3 mornings in a row and then he left.  We have a new neighboir and that now means three houses in a row have garden hens so I went and set of the alarm with them.  A few months later "Him the boy-man and sometimes his girlfriend" saw a fox in the garden....and shot him, simple.  It had already taken 3 hens from the neighbour.
So, thats all the news for now, I will let the animals fill you in over the week...they have a bit of news to share and probably do it better than me.
Thanks for listening.



No comments:

Post a Comment